Monday, March 2, 2009

The Grand Finale


It's over. Done. I'm currently sitting on my water bed in Sioux Falls, dreaming of the warm Florida weather that I've left behind. Remind me again why I came back?

I miss my Florida friends! Sooooo soooo much! Can I please forget this whole Sioux Center thing and go back to Florida?
Ok, sorry. Done complaining. So my last week at Lake Worth Christian was quite interesting. The week started off with my teacher being sick for two days, so I was in full control. This last week was my week of having full control anyways, so it wasn't really a big deal. It is really interesting though to see how the kids act differently when their actual teacher isn't in the room. Definitely a little more talkative.

It was heartbreaking telling the kids that it would be my last week. So sad! I had become so attached to them, and they'd become attached to me. But, the week went well, and I expected the class had a little something planned for Friday - my last day. Third graders aren't very good at keeping secrets - especially about parties. They would come up and ask me what my favorite kind of cake was, and try to be all sneaky about it. Oh my.

So Friday came, and what do you know, they threw me a party! They all went around the room and said why they thought I would make a great teacher. We had brownies, ring pops, and Capri Suns. And they gave me a framed picture of me with the class. Also, a bunch of the kids made me cards, which of course were adorable. One card, written by one of my cutest, sweetest little girls, brought tears to my eyes. It made me really realize why I want to be a teacher.

It said:

Dear Miss Van,
I will miss you a lot and I have high hopes for you.
I will never forget you. You were a great teacher and I'm
sure any school will be greatful to have you there.
You made everything different in third grade and something
happened. You made it exciting and I hope all of your friends
like hearing about us. You changed third grade.
You changed me.
I will miss you very very much and I hope I will see you
again one day. I loved you being here and I will really miss you.
Love your best pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment