So I don't know if you know any middle schoolers, but if you do, like on a personal level, you will discover that little things are big deals.
So I've had this idea to do the "Big Deal of the Day" on my blog, but the problem is that I already know that I won't be diligent in keeping it up. So I'll just give you a couple "big deals" at a time.
For example, one of the big deals today was that the high jump mat was set up in the gym. Woo! Party! Could life get any better? The kids were excited and spent every free moment of the day trying to jump higher than 4 feet.
Oh, and another big deal, at least with the boys, is Call of Duty. They asked me to Google who is ranked number one in the Call of Duty list thing. Yeah, I don't really know what they were talking about. But it is one of the main things they talk about.
I should be thankful that these are the biggest deals in my classroom. A lot of other middle school classrooms, especially at public schools have to deal with actual problems - family problems, bullying, poverty, misbehavior, etc. I am so blessed that I have only the slightest little problems, if any, that even compare with those.
Anyways, I'll try to post some more "big deals." And as the year is coming to a close, everything is getting crazy busy, which means that there is a lot going on, which means that there are going to be a lot of things that the kids get excited about that aren't really all that exciting.
Such is life.
yes, you should definitely blog more! Its how we keep in touch!! (well that and facebook and twitter lol) and I have coached middle schools so I do have an idea what you're talking about haha
ReplyDelete