Science is a tool. It can be used in a good way, or a bad way. For example, you can use a hammer to build a house for a homeless person, OR you can use a hammer to smack someone in the head.
"Those are baller shoes, Miss V.!"
Reconstruction after the Civil War - It's like if you and your brother get into a fight and your brother totally beats you up. You aren't going to automatically love him and be all friendly afterwards. You're going to have to rebuild that friendship and brotherly love again. It might take awhile.
If you have a picture of a friendly-looking snake, and add downward-facing eyebrows, he turns evil.
"I love this chair thing! I love it with a PASSION!"
***Note to the reader: Never joke with middle school students that they will be getting free cookies. They will turn on you immediately.
DISCLAIMER: These things might only be funny to my students and me. Except for the cookie thing. They didn't think that was very funny.
YES! Subliminal messages where you are on it WITH the kids. Love it.
ReplyDeleteUm, and I said "naked" and "women" and "magazine" all in one sentence...cause I was reading it in a book...a book that my students love, mind you. :) More with the phrases!
I said a sentence with the words "two balls" in it the other day. Yeah, definitely regret that one.
ReplyDeleteOhh, "balls" is a bad one. I conclude public speaking is dangerous.
ReplyDelete