Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Maybe I Should Lock My Doors

So my students this year are absolutely great. I love them. And they love me. Like.....maybe a little too much.

I don't allow them to add me on Facebook even though they have asked several times. To show you just how much they want to be a part of my life, I will share with you an anonymous journal entry.

The writing prompt was: Suppose you've been given an invisible camera. You can put it anywhere in the world. Where would you put the camera?

Here is one student's answer to that question:

I would put the camera in my teacher's house. I would want to see what she does when she gets home, what her bedroom looks like, or even what she eats. I would like to see my grades early and when tests would be. I would also enjoy hearing if she says anything bad about people or something funny. I would like to be able to see her pictures on Facebook! Also I would like to see what she does in the summer and the days that she has off. I would enjoy meeting her friends and family. I would really enjoy knowing her deepest, darkest secrets.

This student was really proud of his/her entry, and decided to share it with the rest of the class.

Oh, the fun we have.

1 comment: