Wow.
The last time I wrote on this blog, I was a pretend teacher, or, as some call it, a student teacher. Living the life of a student teacher, my cooperating teacher gave me tips on what to plan, gave me pages and pages of lessons she had done in the past, and gave me encouraging advice. The kids loved me because I was someone other than their actual teacher. I was responsible, but if anything went wrong or got out of control I could depend on my cooperating teacher to bail me out.
Fast forward to the present.
Now, I am in my third week of teaching. Real life teaching. I am a real teacher. Crazy how fast the summer went. I am pleased to say that I am surviving. I come home quite exhausted every night, but supper is usually waiting for me when I get home. (Thanks, Mom.)
Yes, that's right. I am a 22-year-old college graduate living with my parents. Now before you go judging me for being a mooch, my parents thought that it would be a good idea for several reasons:
1. I will be able to pay off my college loans much quicker.
2. I will be able to pay my parents back for all my college tuition much quicker.
3. I will be able to keep my mom company, because she doesn't do too well when her kids are gone.
There are also several reasons why I think that it's a good idea to live with my parents:
1. Free food.
2. I'm living in Sioux Falls, and not Inwood. There is the commute every day, but still, I'm living in Sioux Falls, and not Inwood.
3. I get to sleep in my water bed.
4. I am saving lots of money.
5. Quite a few friends still live around here - also with their parents. It's a little weird that, as college graduates, we're still hanging out at our parents' houses. Oh well.
Such is life.
And then there's the teaching. But hopefully I'll get into that in my next blog. I really will try to keep up with this whole blog thing. I kind of slacked off in my second half of student teaching.
Off to put some grades in the gradebook.
***Note to those thinking about becoming a teacher: If you don't like to take work home, don't become a teacher.
Ok, I'm going to start checking this...so don't disappoint!
ReplyDeleteI thought you said you were going to get better with the blogging! :)
ReplyDelete