Friday, October 9, 2009

"We have two for-sure adults here..."

So this past Wednesday we went on a field trip to Sioux Falls to tour the Power of Fire house and to do the Fire House. It was a really great experience, and I think the kids really enjoyed it.

There were some crazy things in the Power of Fire house. It's a real trailer house that actually caught fire and now has been preserved. You can see where the fire started and how the smoke damaged the house. You could see the outline of teddy bears that were sitting against the wall. The phone was completely charred and melted, while a paper decoration was fine right below it. You could see the ketchup bottle had started to melt and was leaning towards the source of the fire. Neat stuff!

The funniest part of the day though, was probably where the leader of our tour could not figure out if I was a student or not. During his presentation he kept saying things like, "The two adults in here know that....." or, "If you ask the two adults....." Well, there were three of us. The principal, the 3rd/4th grade teacher, and me. So basically, that's telling me that I look like an 8th grader. Awesome. My kids kind of snickered a little when they realized that he didn't know that I was a teacher.

Later, the man said to me, "So......you are........"

"The seventh and eighth grade teacher," I replied.

"Oh, yeah, I thought you looked a littl to old to be one of the students, but I wasn't really sure."

Wow, really? Oh, well. At least I'll look like I'm 30 when I'm actually 40, right? Ok, maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. haha nice!! Like you said that might be a good thing in the future!

    ReplyDelete