- Gum will not harm you if you swallow it. Although the body does not digest it, it is still able to run its course. BUT if you swallow a lot of gum, it could lead to constipation and intestinal blockage. One of my 7th graders is worried she's going to die.
- Elvis Presley sang "Blue Suede Shoes" and dances funny. I told the kids that the song "Air Force One" is like modern-day "Blue Suede Shoes" because it made people want to buy that kind of shoe. One kid had heard of that song...which is probably a good thing, because it is not a song that I promote - and I told my kids that. So then I gave them the example of Air Jordans. Better? Yes, I think so.
- There is a new form of a Kindle called the Nook. (These are kind of like ipods for books) I am excited about them, and I think my kids thought they sounded kind of cool.
nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/index.asp?cm_mmc=Google-_-Nook%20-%20Nook%20-%20Exact-_-Nook-_-nook&cm_mmca1=10851528&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Nook_-_Nook_-_Exact&utm_creative=Nook+3484215924&iq_id=10851528&H000000012
- There are also new ear buds that are being marketed. They have bananas, paw prints, and screws on them - it makes them look like they are coming out of your ears. Weirdness.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/21/solid-alliances-new-earbuds-are-crazy-ugly/
- You can buy an application to turn the iPhone into an instrument.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhCJq7EAJJA
- No one in my class had ever heard the Zelda theme song before.
- My students were making the international symbol for "retard" in my classroom today. (Smacking your hand sideways across your chest) I told them that I did not want to see that in my classroom. They were all in awe that I actually knew what that meant.
But they can't get those things past me. I'm so on top of things all the time......
No comments:
Post a Comment