So, two of my kids are out with H1N1. I don't think anyone in the school has it except the kids in my class. Hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes were very popular in my room this week.
It's so weird to have two kids out. We had three kids out sick one day too. It feels like so many kids are missing, especially when three kids equals about a third of the class.
So my kids have been begging me for a new seating arrangement. I said that they could sit wherever they wanted to if they didn't complain the entire day. If they did complain, I would put that person in a new spot. They actually did very well with the no complaining thing, which was very nice for me. There were a couple of eye rolls and loud sighs, but I let them get away with it because the complaints weren't verbal.
We did an art project yesterday with the 1st/2nd graders. Little kids are so fun! They are so much cuter than my 7th and 8th graders! Sometimes I wonder if I should have taught younger grades, but then I remember that they can barely spell their own names and they sometimes can't get their coats zipped up by themselves. Then I realize that I probably made the right decision with teaching junior high kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment