So my students thought that it would be really funny today if they all decided to stop talking to me. They decided they were going to talk to the white marker board behind me instead of actually talking to me.
I played along and drew a face on the board with "Mark R. Board" written above it. (Disclaimer: This was not a name I came up with, but a name from a puppet show thing we had on Friday.) Anyways, I gave them their assignment, and the students were like, "Can we work on this with partners.........Mr. Mark R. Board?
I would look at the board, and then turn around and say, "He says no. Sorry." After a couple more questions with responses from Mr. Mark R. Board, I let them get started on their assignment.
Soon, I hear from the back of the room, "I don't get number 3.......Mark R. Board."
I looked up and smiled, and went back to my grading.
"Yeah, like, how are we supposed to figure out what 3b is?" The students look up at me, and then quickly remember that they decided not to talk to me and turn their heads to the front board. "Mr. Mark R. Board?"
More questions came, but they did not want to ask me. After their assignment they were supposed to work on their art projects that we didn't finish last week.
"Can I do my math instead of art.......Mark R. Board?" Then a glance at me. A smile from me, and then back to my grading.
It was quite hilarious how the students weren't getting the answers they wanted. Hmmmm......maybe they need me a little more than they thought they did.
No comments:
Post a Comment