Thursday, May 6, 2010

The "Look"

So we won the track meet. Like first place. Complete with a folder full of ribbons and a purple trophy. (The trophy wasn't in the folder though.) Must've been the amazing coaching skills.

Have you ever had someone give you that "look?" Like a close friend or a significant other sees you talking to a different friend that they don't know. And they are all curious, and a bit jealous, and then they shoot you that look that says, "Who is that, and why are you talking to him?" Yeah, I was definitely getting that "look" from several of my students yesterday.

All because my former students were at the track meet. Not really my students, but the kids that I got to student teach for two months. Talking to them was quite the experience. Trying to remember all the names was harder than I thought it would be. Also, seventh grade boys don't really have a filter when it comes to talking........to a girl........that is older......and is no longer their teacher. Oh, boys.

Anyways, after I headed back to my kids they kind of gave me the look again. They were definitely curious and asked a couple questions. They aren't used to seeing ten boys they don't know surrounding their teacher. Pretty sure they got a little possessive. Awwww, they love me!

No comments:

Post a Comment