
40 degrees?!?! I thought I came to Florida to get away from the cold! Ok, so some of you are probably rolling your eyes and thinking, "Elizabeth, it's like below zero here." Maybe my blood is thinning out or something already. I didn't even bring a coat to Florida! It is quite hilarious seeing all the little kids all bundled up in their layers of sweatshirts and coats and scarves and gloves. I don't think they realize how good they have it. One teacher the was even wearing a huge, heavy coat that went down to her knees and had fur around the hood. Wow. Floridians.
Teaching is going great! I really like my class. They're a goofy bunch of kids, with some behavior issues, but my cooperating teacher has very structured classroom management which has helped a lot with this class.
I've continued teaching spelling, and this week my "project" has been the new girl in the class. I've been trying to help her catch up with the rest of the class. She came from a public school where the kids hadn't learned much multiplication, and was placed in a classroom of third graders doing long division. So I've been plugging away with her trying to teach her all the multiplication facts. It takes awhile, but I've come up with some fun little things. My advisor would be so proud.
And life here is great! I'm meeting tons of new people, and everyone is just absolutely fantastic! This long weekend was great! We went to a coffee house and listened to some music. Also went shopping and looked at clothes that are more than I'm paying for rent each month. Mexican Train Game, Rock Band, and an attempt at picking up Euchre also made up my weekend. It was great and relaxing, and so fun to have a social life!
Mom and Dad are coming in about two weeks, which is exciting! It's hard to believe that it's almost the end of January! Time is going too fast!
no sister coming. :(
ReplyDeleteOh gosh. I saw a teacher dressed in a turtle-neck sweater and a long wool coat today. It's 70 degrees.
ReplyDeleteIts the first time that I've worn a skirt without leggings in January in four years.
actually...it was almost in the 40s here the last couple days :) but its supposed to get cold again..
ReplyDeletehaha you have the same weather as us!! :)
ReplyDelete