Thursday, January 15, 2009

Home Sweet Florida Home

So now I'm about 5 days into student teaching. It's going well. I've been teaching spelling all week and I think it's been going alright. I'm getting to know the kids better, which is great! Oh, kids are fun. There's this one girl who is freaking me out though because she looks almost exactly like my sister did when my sister was in third grade! So it's so weird to look at her because she reminds me so much of Breanna like ten years ago. I feel I have some sort of weird bond to this girl, and she's probably like freaked out by her student teacher who looks at her so strangely.
So I'm living with five other girls here in Florida, and my first couple days here were not amazing. Everything was new - the location, the house, the roommates, the schedule, student teaching, everything. I think I forgot how horribly I handle change, and I was really, really homesick the first couple days here. Now it's going great and I'm happy to be here and really liking my new roommates and everything. Here's a couple pictures of the house I'm living in.
This is the front of our house. There's a railroad right next to it with several trains going past several times a day. They're really loud and make the house shake a little bit. We also have a neighbor who likes to scream a lot and throw hammers and her boyfriend. It's a nice little neighborhood. :)
This is our porch area/reading room. It's a really nice cozy little room with a hammock. Super cute and fun, and now I actually have some time to do some reading for fun! Crazy! That probably won't last too long though....
This is the kitchen, and then that doorway leads to a little laundry room area. This is kind of the gathering area of the house because there's always a bunch of people over here. Oh, and I live with artsy girls who like photography, so that's why there's lots of pictures on the wall.
Here's the living room area. Two couches, and a dining table behind the blue couch, but isn't pictured. And don't be fooled by that TV looking thing. It actually only plays movies. So I am stuck in Florida with no TV! How am I supposed to watch my shows? And a new season of Survivor starts while I'm here! Alas!



And here is the bedroom which I share with Bethany and Erin. It's our awesome Uni-bed! Erin and Bethany share the bed on the left, and I have that queen-size air mattress on the right. It's awesome, we know - very cozy. I think three-fourths of our room is just bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment