Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Beginning

One day down, 61 days to go. I had my first day of student teaching today at Lake Worth Christian in Boynton Beach, Florida, and now I'm back at the cozy little house sitting in the dark on the couch in West Palm Beach. I'm living with my bestie from Sioux Falls, and her other roommates. They're all super nice and have been doing everything they can to make me comfortable here. I'm still adjusting, obviously, after only two days here, but I'm sure I'll get more comfortable.

One pet peeve - the house is like very dark. They don't have many overhead lights, just a couple lamps. And I really like everything being light. I think it makes me sleepy when everything is so dark. And waking up at 5:45 this morning made me sleepy enough!

So I'm teaching third graders, which is a little younger than I'd ideally like to teach, but they're fun so far. They're so tiny though! They are an interesting bunch, and I'm sure they'll give me a good challenge. I'm definitely a little overwhelmed, but everything is new to me, not just the student teaching experience.

Also, just in case you were wondering, it's very nice here. I love sitting outside in a t-shirt and shorts. I think it got down in the 60s or so today and everyone was apologizing for it being so cold. What?! 60s?!? Cold?!? I don't think so! It's been great, but I haven't had a chance to go to the beach yet. Maybe this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment