Thursday, January 29, 2009

Substitution

So today we had a sub. This wasn't just any sub - this was Mr. P! He's the director of the aftercare center at the school. I also found out today that he's a freshman in college, and has taken Ed 101, and that's pretty much it. But then a little later in the day, I found out that he took off a few years before going back to college, and he was also a pre-K teacher. Ok, so his credibility level rose in my book. He didn't do all that much though today since I'm teaching all but two subjects right now.
It's crazy what happens when a young, attractive, outgoing guy like Mr. P gets thrown into a school of all women. I seriously think that at least half of the staff at Lake Worth Christian have crushes on him. Especially the secretary, she told him he smelled good, and mouth to me, "He's so cute!" when he wasn't looking. It was interesting......

It was really neat though to kind of be "in charge." It felt like I had my own classroom. I had to step up and do more of the disciplining and be tougher than I usually am. Without my cooperating teacher's strictness, I had to try to make up the slack. I just can't be too mean though, so the kids got a little rowdy today, but we survived.
I got to see my parents today! They're in Florida now! I think they're even going to bring me lunch at school tomorrow, which will be so great!
Side note: this morning I found a half-dead cockroach in our sink - soooo gross!

Oh, and here are some pictures from our field trip to the post office last week!






1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how Mr. P feels. I am the sexiest man in my school, even though all the teachers are married or engaged, they still think I'm a hottie!! Hahahah just kidding. Eliza, send some of your single teachers my way. Glad to hear you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete